1.1. The following statement is provided in line with section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
2. Our commitment to the principles of the Modern Slavery Act 2015
2.1. The Company is committed to the principles of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and the abolition of modern slavery and human trafficking.
2.2. As an equal opportunity employer, the Company is committed to creating and ensuring a non-discriminatory and respectful working environment for all our employees.
2.3. We want all employees to feel confident they can expose wrongdoing without any risk to themselves.
2.4. Our recruitment and people management processes are designed to ensure all prospective employees are legally entitled to work in the UK and to safeguard employees from any abuse or coercion.
2.5. We do not enter into business with any organisation, in the UK or abroad, which knowingly supports or is found to be involved in slavery, servitude and forced or compulsory labour.
3. Supply chain
3.1. Due to the nature of our business, we assess ourselves to have a low risk of modern slavery in our business and supply chains.
3.2. Our supply chains are limited, and we procure goods and services from a restricted range of UK and overseas suppliers.
Our policies in relation to the Modern Slavery Act 2015
3.3. The following policies are contained in the Company’s Employee Handbook and are available to all employees:
- Whistleblowing policy
- Anti-Corruption and Bribery Policy
- Anti- Bullying and Harassment policy
- Equality and Diversity Policy
Embedding the principles
3.4. The Company continues to embed these principles through:
- ensuring consideration of the modern slavery risks and prevention are added to the Company’s policy review process as an employer and procurer of goods and services;
- making sure our procurement strategies and contract terms and conditions include references to modern slavery and human trafficking;
- continuing to take action to embed a zero-tolerance policy towards modern slavery; and
- ensuring employees involved in buying or procurement and the recruitment and deployment of workers receive training on modern slavery and ethical employment practices.
- This statement has been approved by David Gilroy, Director, for the period up to the financial year ending 31 December 2022. This statement will be reviewed and updated every year.